Comment on page
How Does It Work?
A Zone is a geographical area where your services are active. You might provide services in a local area in the world. You must specify this local area in the software. The Zoning feature in the dashboard makes it possible to draw the boundaries of this area. Also, It is possible to have more than one zone which you can draw all of them on the map. The Zone is a basic entity in the Onro Software and no services would not be provided if any zones had not been defined.
To manage your zones:
- 1.Click the blue New Record button on the top-right of the page. This opens the create zone's page.
- 2.Provide the following information:
- The name of your zone in the Name field. You can use special characters, but it's better to use only alphabetic, numeric, and space characters. For example, a value for the Name can be
- The city name for your zone in the City Name field which is optional and can be empty. This field makes it easier to distinguish zones in case you create many zones and it uses just for administrative sections of the software and will not be shown to users. For example, a value for the City Name can be
- The status of the zone in the field Status. There are two values for selecting which one of them must be selected:
- Active: If you select this value, the zone will be active after creating.
- Deactivate: If you select this value, the zone will not be active after creating but you can activate it later.
- 3.Draw your zone using the following instructions:
- Find your considered zone on the map. For example, If you want to create a zone for Busselton city in Australia, find it on the map using Zoom in/out. Zoom in and Zoom out buttons are located in the top-left of the map. You can also use
Ctrl + Mouse Wheel Scrollfor zooming when your mouse cursor is on the map.
- Draw the zone using the shapes. Two shapes are considered to draw zones:
Select any of the shapes, the mouse cursor turns into asign and you can use that to draw a zone. If you are using the Polygon, just click on the desired points to place vertices of the shape. When all vertices are created, the shape is completed by attaching the last vertex to the first vertex created. To do this, you can also click on the➕button after registering the last vertex. Also, In the process of drawing, if you want to delete the previous vertex, you can use the buttonor press thebutton to clear the drawn shape. In using the Rectangle, just by dragging the mouse on the considered area on the map, the shape of the zone is drawn. If the drawn shape is not suitable, you can delete it using thebutton.
- Polygon: Using a polygon, you can draw a shape that has more edges. Polygons are used when it is necessary to draw a zone very accurately.
- Rectangle: Rectangles are mostly used in cases where the accuracy of the boundary of the zone is not very important.
- Specify the center of the zone. The center of the zone is the part of the zone that is considered in the middle of the map in applications. To specify it, click on thebutton and place the marker in the zone that is to be considered as the center.
- Edit layers if it's needed. For editing both the shape and the marker on the map, you can use Edit layers tools on the left of the map. For using this tool first click on it and after that, you can change the position of points or the marker on the map. To save changes, click the Save button, and for Cancel them, press the cancel button.
- You can delete layers during creating zones. For doing this, use the Delete layers button located on the left of the map. When you click on this button, the mouse cursor turns to an index finger of a hand that If you use it to click on a layer, the layer will be removed. To save the changes after removing layers, you can click on the Save button. You can also use the Clear All button to remove all the drawn layers at once or cancel the removing operation by the Cancel button.
- 4.As the last step to creating a zone, click on the Submit button in order to register all zone information:
- 1.Since the drawn zones should not have a common border, it is very important to be careful not to interfere with the border of the other zones. Every zone should not have a common border with others. For this reason, during the drawing, other pre-created zones are also displayed, but no changes can be made to them. To change the pre-created zones, you can take action through the Edit section.
- 2.The drawn zones are displayed in blue and red. Blue means the zone is active and red means it is inactive.
- 3.In drawing the shape of the zone, use as few points as possible. Fewer points make it easier to process and edit and reduce the likelihood of disruption.
To edit your desired zone on the list of zones' page, click the Action button in the row of the list:
This opens the Edit zone's page which is very like to the Create zone's page. The difference between the Edit zone's page and the Create zone's page is that it only has tools for editing and deleting layers: